Welcome to the Office of Inspector General (OIG) for Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. Our office serves as an independent entity within PBGC. Our mandate is to detect and prevent fraud, waste, abuse, and violations of law, and to promote economy, efficiency and effectiveness in the PBGC operations. The OIG strives, as an agent of positive change, to improve continually PBGC management and program operations by independently conducting audits, evaluations, and investigations. Additionally, the OIG dutifully informs Congress regarding major developments associated with our audit and investigative missions. We report our accomplishments semiannually to PBGC's Board of Directors and Congress (Congressional Testimony and Statements).
The Office of Inspector General consists of the Inspector General, the Deputy Inspector General, and the Assistant Inspector General, who provide leadership and oversight for the offices of Audit and Investigations.
PBGC employees, contractors and the public may confidentially report suspected wrongdoing by PBGC employees and contractors or allegations of possible fraud, waste or abuse occurring in a PBGC program or operation. Visit our HOTLINE web page for information describing how investigative information or complaints can be directly communicated to the OIG. For general inquiries about the PBGC OIG and its operations, dial the OIG phone number: 1-800-400-7242 and then enter extension 4030 during local business hours.
If you wish to be notified when new reports are posted to the OIG website subscribe to our RSS feed.
PBGC's OIG is in the process of conducting various ongoing audit and investigations work, which is relevant to stakeholders such as plan participants and members of Congress. OIG work is culminated into various products, including, but not limited to audit reports, Management Advisories, and Semi-Annual Reports to Congress. The following listing represents our most recent work products.
- Fraud Awareness Alert (2015-2) - Anthem Service Benefit Plan (Blue Cross/Blue Shield) Data Breach, April 03, 2015
- Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (EVAL-2015-7/FA-14-101-6)
- OIG Response to Senators Johnson and Grassley In Support of the OIG's Mission
- OIG Response to Representatives Chaffetz and Cummings In Support of the OIG's Mission
- Fiscal Year 2014 Financial Statement Audit Management Letter
- PBGC Compliance with MAP-21 Still a Work in Progress (2015-05/PA-13-98)
- Semiannual Report to Congress (SARC 51) - April 1, 2014 through September 30, 2014
- Audit of Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation's Financial Statements Closing Package for Fiscal Years 2014 and 2013
- Report on Internal Controls Related to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation's Fiscal Year 2014 and 2013 Financial Statements Audit
- Audit of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation's Fiscal Year 2014 and 2013 Financial Statements
- FY 2014 Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Submission to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)